If I had a nickel for every time I heard the below excuses….
- I’d love to read that book but I just don’t have any time.
- I wish I knew product X the same way Jim does. How does he do it?
- I’d like to find new clients but I’m just too busy to make any cold calls.
- My quota is way too high and I don’t have enough sales opportunities in my pipe to hit my numbers.
Stop the excuses!!! Why you might ask? It’s because I know first hand how social selling can work for busy sales people. Let’s take my business Partner Jamie Shanks as an example. If you thought your life was busy check out his life:
Quick Recap of my experience at #salesummit.
Inside Sales Summit – 62 Sales Experts, Featuring 11 Sales Authors. One Amazing Day (June 20th, 2013)
- Best Selling Sales Authors
- Fortune 500 Executives
- Top Industry Leaders
Thought I would try something new for a change, so on June 20th, 2013, I spent the day in professional development at the Inside Sales Virtual Summit presented by www.Insidesales.com. Despite having many higher priority tasks in front of me, there were a few reasons I elected to participate:
Using the new LinkedIn Contacts section below each prospective profile, you have the ability to track your business development progress. You are now able to save this prospect into file folders + set reminders for a call-back. In this video, you will notice a real-life example of a LinkedIn reminder email.
If you’re a sales manager, or a VP Sales… and you’re frustrated by sales training, you need to take a hard look at how YOU are helping your sales team. Don’t shoot the trainer… shoot the goals you’ve set!