LinkedIn Publishing lets sales reps find relevant content, follow thought leaders and nurtures prospects.
Which ocean should you dip your toes?
By now you know I love the new LinkedIn Publishing tool. This tool solves multiple challenges for sales rep:
1. Where can I find awesome content to share with my buyers?
2. Where can I find the influencers and “rock stars” of my industry for future content?
3. How can I create a site that nurtures my buyers on best practices?
Let’s look at point #3.
Up until LinkedIn created the Publishing tool, innovators like IBM, XO Communications and Comcast had invested in building personal microsite for their sales reps. Why?
1. To give their sales reps a unique voice
2. To give their sales reps and company a dominate SEO opportunity (many websites working in harmony to power up the market)
3. To give socially savvy sales reps the opportunity to feast off the leads that come from their microsite.
The last point is really important. The really savvy companies, like XO Communications when we worked with them through these ideas, understand that a sales rep can have GATED content on their site. These gated content pieces drive direct opportunities from their contact submission forms.
Until now, that was your only option… until NOW!
Now a sales rep will have the opportunity to create a library of great articles on their LinkedIn Publishing site, with GATED content.
As you can see from the illustration below, I’ve gotten a great amount of traffic during the first few weeks of the beta program. I have 3,300 people following my content and many prospective buyers have been downloading assets. These are perfect leads!
The big question is, can this new tool by LinkedIn be an answer to social proximity possibilities?
If you’d like to talk about how to use LinkedIn for sales, please contact me at [email protected]