If you run the sales or marketing department at a Canadian company, and you’re not terrified of CanSpam you should be.
Email marketing going to be dead soon. CanSpam takes effect Starting July 1st, and you should get ready to fraction off a huge part of your email marketing campaigns.
What does that mean for most companies?
1. You’ll chop your database down to a fraction of the size
2. You’ll stop buying email lists from Data.com, OneSource, DiscoverOrg (your favorite tools)
3. Your VP Marketing will panic about “how am I going to fill that void of lead flow”
4. Your sales reps will be pissed off they have less inbound leads
5. You’ll panic and start spending marketing $ in areas you might not have otherwise